On Worldwide Developer Conference kicked off the extra-ordinary operating system by the name of macOS 11 Big Sur. It is the first time that Apple has changed the macOS series from 10.x version into the 11.x version. Apple always tries to bring up an advanced operating system for their users. macOS Big Sur has too many functionalities and features. However, macOS Big Sur is the first operating system of Apple that it is inspired by iOS 14. It is somehow iOS 14, its notification area, control center, and many more. Most of the people are trying to install it on a different platform in order to check out its features and updates. I am going to show the complete detail on How to Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer for Clean Installation.
Before going to install it on Mac, you have to check out whether your Mac can support macOS Big Sur or not. Because every Mac is not compatible with macOS Big Sur. However, Bootable USB will help you in order to have a clean installation of macOS Big Sur.
Mac computers that support macOS Big Sur:
- MacBook 2015 or later.
- MacBook Mini 2014 or later.
- MacBook Air 2013 or later.
- MacBook Pro 2013 or later.
- Mac Pro 2013 or later.
Download macOS Big Sur Image
In order to use your Mac, you will have to create USB bootable for that. For creating macOS Big Sur Bootable USB, you need to have a macOS Big Sur DMG file. You can download it from the internet. When you have successfully downloaded the macOS Big Sur DMG file, you are ready to create bootable USB. Therefore, let’s start the process.
Create macOS Big Sur Bootable USB
For the purpose of this article, we will be using the Terminal in order to create macOS Big Sur Bootable USB. However, there are tons of amazing methods for that but going through Terminal is the best option ever. You have to follow each and every step for better performance.
- Make ready a USB Flash Drive for it. Keep in mind that your USB flash drive must have 16GB storage.
- Make sure to check out that your USB flash drive is empty.
Step 1. First of all, you have to attach the USB flash drive to your Mac computer.
Step 2. Once you have attached it. Now, it is time to format the USB flash drive. For that, you have to open the disk utility, make sure to choose your USB drive and erase it with the below settings.
- Name: USB Drive (you can give any name you want).
- Format: Mac OS X (Extended).
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map.
Step 3. After that, you have to close the disk utility and open the Terminal on your computer. Once Terminal is opened, in the terminal type the following commands down below.
|sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/USB|
Step 4. Then, it will ask for the password of your computer. Enter your password and wait for some minutes.
Boot Mac from Bootable USB
As your Bootable USB gets ready. It is time to start the installation process of macOS Big Sur on Mac. Therefore, you have to follow the steps down below.
- Attach Bootable USB to your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
- While restarting make sure to hold down the Option key.
- Select the macOS Big Sur option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, the utility window will be opened, you have to select disk utility.
- From disk utility, you have to erase the drive where you want to install macOS Big Sur.
- When everything goes right, you have to close the disk utility and choose to install macOS. Then, wait until it completes installation process.
Well, creating macOS Big Sur Bootable USB is very easy and simple. I have deeply described you on How to Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer for Clean Installation. I hope you have found this article helpful. However, if you have faced any kind of problem or issue then feel free to leave a comment in the comment section down below.