On the WWDC (Worldwide Developer Conference), Apple has kicked off the new and great operating system for Macintosh. It has tons of amazing features and a new UI design. However, the new operating system which is macOS Big Sur directly moved from 10.0 version to 11.0 that is the biggest update. It has the most beautiful interface that users interact with it. Most of the new users really liked the new operating system because it has several handy features. Apple has released many new versions such as iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and the new operating system. Therefore, in this article, I am going to show you How to Read and Write NTFS Drives on macOS Big Sur.
There is one small problem with macOS Big Sur that its software update can’t read NTFS drivers. Mac software works hard with the NTFS drives because of their origin. However, you might know that NTFS drivers were used in Windows computers before, and as well as it is still used in Windows computers and software updates today. Mac doesn’t provide to the users the important specs in order to use NTFS drives in an open-source format.
However, Mac computers and software updates can’t read and write NTFS drivers. The NTFS drivers are very important on Mac which it doesn’t provide us, Lets’s see how to read and write NTFS drivers on macOS Big Sur.
Readout Related Posts:
- How to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC
- How to Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Read and Write NTFS Drives on macOS Big Sur
You can read and write NTFS drivers on macOS Big Sur with the help of some light code. The code should be pasted on the Terminal on your Mac. However, Terminal is available on every Mac computer.
- First of all, if your USB Flash Drive is inserted on your Mac then make sure to completely eject the USB.
- Rename the USB Flash Drive with any name you want/
- Now, you have to open the Terminal by pressing Command and Space Bar button. There type Terminal and press Enter in order to open it. Or you have to open Application > Utilities > Terminal.
- Once you have opened the Terminal, you have to copy the below command and paste that on the Terminal.
|sudo nano /etc/fstab|
5. Once you have added the first command then copy and paste the below command on the next line of Terminal. You have to change the Name of commands with the name of your USB Flash Drive. We have used Data because it is the name of my USB.
|LABEL=NAME none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse|
6. Hold the Control key with the letter O key in order to save the file. Press Enter, and then press both the Control key with the X key to close GNU.
7. Now, you need to unplug the USB flash drive and reconnect the USB.
8. After that, you will have the ability to open the NTFS drives on macOS Big Sur. In order to access the NTFS drives, you need to head over to the Go tab and Folder tab. Type there /Volumes in the search box.
These steps or commands will allow you to read and write NTFS drivers on the new operating of Mac which is macOS Big Sur. However, if you want to remove or undo those commands or changes, simply you have to remove the commands line using Terminal but if you are lucky then it will be removed or undone the changes.
Read and Write NTFS Drives on macOS Big Sur Using Third-Party Software
There are tons of third-party software that will give you the complete ability in order to read and write drives on macOS. You can find it from internet and start using that. But I prefer to use Paragon software which is one of the best to read and write a drive on Mac. With the Paragon third-party software offers you to have benefits of NTFS drives on macOS Big Sur.
With the help of Paragon software, you can read and write NTFS drivers on macOS Big Sur. Using this third-party software, the user can edit and delete the files from NTFS drivers on macOS. I can say that the Paragon software has the simplest and fastest process among other third-party software.
It was two easy methods on How to Read and Write NTFS Drives on macOS Big Sur. If you go through the Terminal then you will get a better result. I hope you have found this article beneficial. If you faced any kind of problem or question about those methods then feel free to leave comments in the comment section down below.